Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

How do I delete a playlist and it’s songs from my iPhone

Hello,

my iPhone storage is full and so I want to remove an old playlist and all associated songs within it from the Music app on my iPhone only (not from my MacBook). I don’t have access to my MacBook where I sync them from right now, so un-syncing that playlist is not an option.

Thank you!

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on May 2, 2023 10:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2023 10:58 AM

Hi! It isn't possible to delete playlists from only one device. When you delete a playlist on one device, it is deleted from your Apple Music account. Unless playlists are downloaded, they don't use a significant portion of your iPhone storage. You can find out how to remove downloads on only your iPhone here: Delete music in the Apple Music app - Apple Support.

Hope this helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2023 10:58 AM in response to daeser1

Hi! It isn't possible to delete playlists from only one device. When you delete a playlist on one device, it is deleted from your Apple Music account. Unless playlists are downloaded, they don't use a significant portion of your iPhone storage. You can find out how to remove downloads on only your iPhone here: Delete music in the Apple Music app - Apple Support.

Hope this helps!

May 2, 2023 11:35 AM in response to Seallbay

Hello,

I don’t pay for/ use Apple Music. The Music app does take up significant storage (35GB) and a large portion of that are songs associates with this old playlist. I am looking to remove those songs from my iPhone but I don’t want to go song by song to remove them and I also don’t want this change to impact the playlists on my MacBook (not sure that I would).

How do I delete a playlist and it’s songs from my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.