Playhead

My timeline moves to playhead as soon as I press pause, it's really confusing when I'm trying to make some precise adjustments while zoomed in, so I have to zoom out and zoom in again to find where I was.

Is there any setting to change this playhead focus and stay where you are on the timeline?

Posted on May 2, 2023 11:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2023 3:43 AM

Not sure if you will be able to achieve what you want, but you may:

a) try making a range that you want to work on pressing the forward slash key to play "around the playhead".

b) set a marker (M) at the point you are interested in, and then quickly move to that marker using Move to Previous Marker: Control-;

or Move to Next Marker: Control-'

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2023 3:43 AM in response to britano

Not sure if you will be able to achieve what you want, but you may:

a) try making a range that you want to work on pressing the forward slash key to play "around the playhead".

b) set a marker (M) at the point you are interested in, and then quickly move to that marker using Move to Previous Marker: Control-;

or Move to Next Marker: Control-'

May 3, 2023 2:08 AM in response to Ian R. Brown

Because I want to loop audio and have to move two audio clips one pixel here and there to match perfectly, and for me it's handy to be zoomed in. Playhead disappears in one second on my 13-inch display, therefore I have to zoom out and zoom in to find where I was, as I said earlier.

Sure I can click on the timeline right before these two clips over and over without a pause, but this is only one example. Timeline jumping to playhead position was driving me nuts in a lot of cases.

Playhead

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.