Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

What is a good screen cleaner for apple products?

I am looking to clean my iMac screen and my iPhone screen. Do you know of any recommended screen cleaners that are safe for apple products. I was told I was told "Clear Screen" or "iKlean". What would you recommend?

Andrew

iMac 21.5″, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 2, 2023 3:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2023 4:03 PM

Please refer to the Apple Recommendations listed in How to clean your Apple products:

"Desktop computers

Learn how to clean your Mac desktop computer.

Mac Pro, Mac Studio, Mac mini, and iMac

If your iMac has nano-texture glass, learn how to clean the nano-texture glass on your Apple display.

First, shut down your Mac and unplug the power cord along with other connected devices. Then use a damp, soft, lint-free cloth to clean the computer's exterior. Avoid getting moisture in any openings. Don't spray liquid directly on the computer. Don't use aerosol sprays, solvents, abrasives, or cleaners containing hydrogen peroxide that might damage the finish.

To clean the display on your iMac, dampen the cloth that came with your iMac—or another clean, soft, lint-free cloth—with water only, and then wipe the screen. To clean hard-to-remove smudges, you can moisten the cloth with a 70-percent isopropyl alcohol (IPA) solution.

Don't clean the screen of your iMac with a cleaner containing acetone. Use a cleaner intended for use with a screen or display. Never spray cleaner directly on the screen. It might drip inside the display and cause damage."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2023 4:03 PM in response to karlssongunvor

Please refer to the Apple Recommendations listed in How to clean your Apple products:

"Desktop computers

Learn how to clean your Mac desktop computer.

Mac Pro, Mac Studio, Mac mini, and iMac

If your iMac has nano-texture glass, learn how to clean the nano-texture glass on your Apple display.

First, shut down your Mac and unplug the power cord along with other connected devices. Then use a damp, soft, lint-free cloth to clean the computer's exterior. Avoid getting moisture in any openings. Don't spray liquid directly on the computer. Don't use aerosol sprays, solvents, abrasives, or cleaners containing hydrogen peroxide that might damage the finish.

To clean the display on your iMac, dampen the cloth that came with your iMac—or another clean, soft, lint-free cloth—with water only, and then wipe the screen. To clean hard-to-remove smudges, you can moisten the cloth with a 70-percent isopropyl alcohol (IPA) solution.

Don't clean the screen of your iMac with a cleaner containing acetone. Use a cleaner intended for use with a screen or display. Never spray cleaner directly on the screen. It might drip inside the display and cause damage."

What is a good screen cleaner for apple products?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.