Iphone5 setting up direct dial voicemail

I’ve recently changed mobile carriers, but kept my mobile number. The number I dial for voicemail has changed, but I don’t know how to change the direct dial setup for accessing my voicemail as it remains on the old number. Can anyone help? I have a iphone5

Posted on May 2, 2023 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2023 5:26 PM

When you change mobile carriers you also change voicemail servers, because voicemail is a carrier service. You will have to set up voicemail on the new carrier’s server. You can find instructions for doing that on the carrier’s website, but the most common way is to call your own number from your phone, enter the last 4 digits of your phone number as the passcode, then set up voicemail, changing the password to something other than the default. Once the dial-in voicemail is set up you should restart your phone, and that should activate visual voicemail on the phone.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2023 5:26 PM in response to NZ_guapa

When you change mobile carriers you also change voicemail servers, because voicemail is a carrier service. You will have to set up voicemail on the new carrier’s server. You can find instructions for doing that on the carrier’s website, but the most common way is to call your own number from your phone, enter the last 4 digits of your phone number as the passcode, then set up voicemail, changing the password to something other than the default. Once the dial-in voicemail is set up you should restart your phone, and that should activate visual voicemail on the phone.

May 4, 2023 9:24 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

Thank you for the advice. I tried dialing my number & setting up my pin which was already set up. I switched off my phone then on again and the direct dial to voicemail icon totally disappeared on my phone now. I have to manually dial the number 121 to get to my voicemail. Can anyone tell me how to setup a direct dial by any chance? Cheers

Iphone5 setting up direct dial voicemail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.