My smart-keyboard won’t connect to my iPad Pro with iPadOS 16

It’s been updated, reset to factory, and nothing works. This is my second keyboard from Apple. What could it be?

this is the iPad Pro 1st gen and apple smartkeyboard.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on May 2, 2023 7:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2023 3:27 AM

Remove the Smart (folio) keyboard from your iPad - and carefully/gently clean the smart connector contacts on both the iPad and keyboard with a soft pencil eraser (drafting-film eraser is ideal). Ensure that the contacts are dirt and dust free - and all debris from the eraser have been removed - before reconnecting the two.

If you can't connect your iPad to your Magic Keyboard, Smart Keyboard, or Smart Keyboard Folio - Apple Support

If you are unable to resolve the problem, you would be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad and Keyboard:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2023 3:27 AM in response to JoToKo

Remove the Smart (folio) keyboard from your iPad - and carefully/gently clean the smart connector contacts on both the iPad and keyboard with a soft pencil eraser (drafting-film eraser is ideal). Ensure that the contacts are dirt and dust free - and all debris from the eraser have been removed - before reconnecting the two.

If you can't connect your iPad to your Magic Keyboard, Smart Keyboard, or Smart Keyboard Folio - Apple Support

If you are unable to resolve the problem, you would be best advised to visit the Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP) - where the technicians will be able to test and assess your iPad and Keyboard:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

My smart-keyboard won’t connect to my iPad Pro with iPadOS 16

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.