Find My System Settings questions

Why does Find My have a Gray arrow under location services, but under System Services, Find My IPhone is a purple? Does this mean someone you’re sharing your location with is viewing your location?

Posted on May 2, 2023 10:14 PM

2 replies

May 2, 2023 11:13 PM in response to jarred294

Smart Phones neither have the intelligence nor the hostility. Hence we need to look at our device settings and the way we synchronize our smartphones with Mac/PC/iCloud and share our valuable data with friends and family members.

If you feel an unauthorized person/app is remotely accessing, controlling, or monitoring your device, then that is possible only if you have done one or more of the following Don'ts...

1. Don't hand over an iPhone to kids or to a stranger without Enabling Guided Access
  2. Don't share Apple IDs
  3. Don't Jailbreak
  4. Don't share sensitive information pertaining to your device
  5. Don't give in to Phishing
  6. Don't plug in your device for charging your device in Airports, Public Transport, or public places, and trust the device. Beware of Juice Jacking. (Especially in India)
  7. Don't leave your iPhone unlocked and unattended in public places like offices, schools, malls, etc.

If one of the above is true then quickly change the Apple ID Password and Return iPhone settings to their defaults.

Find My System Settings questions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.