What is the actual content of the rapid security responses? I did not find info about the one issued on 1 May 20223 on Apple Support..

I checked Apple security updates - Apple Support and About Rapid Security Responses for iOS, iPadOS, and macOS - Apple Support but those pages do not (yet) show what is actually fixed.

MacBook Pro 13″, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 3, 2023 1:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2023 7:24 AM

Until a description, and/or a change log is listed, all future software updates will not be installed.

Well, I guess you won't be doing any more updates.

Historically Apple have stated they do not divulge details of security updates to avoid helping hackers and scammers see how Apple is defending. It's been like that since hackers and scammers became a "thing."

Remember, you are not addressing Apple here but other end users. We cannot answer the questions you posed in your second post. Apple does not respond to this type of query here. If you wish to place this before an Apple employee, I invite you to use a Feedback link:

Feedback - macOS - Apple

This is fatr beyond the scope of these user-to-user forums, so don't be surprised if this question is deleted.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2023 7:24 AM in response to ovvldc

Until a description, and/or a change log is listed, all future software updates will not be installed.

Well, I guess you won't be doing any more updates.

Historically Apple have stated they do not divulge details of security updates to avoid helping hackers and scammers see how Apple is defending. It's been like that since hackers and scammers became a "thing."

Remember, you are not addressing Apple here but other end users. We cannot answer the questions you posed in your second post. Apple does not respond to this type of query here. If you wish to place this before an Apple employee, I invite you to use a Feedback link:

Feedback - macOS - Apple

This is fatr beyond the scope of these user-to-user forums, so don't be surprised if this question is deleted.

May 3, 2023 5:07 AM in response to ovvldc

There may not be sufficient information about the treat or issue and it’s continue been research; when the researcher(s) and or collaborators had solved fully, they publish the result and acknowledgements on the link in this reply, I think that’s the reason they call them rapid security response and it may not work completely or have bugs but addresses the most important part of the treat, and I also think that that’s why the give you the option to uninstall it or skipped. Well… but that’s just my theory, IT it’s getting very wired and very fast out my full comprehension, but I just go on trusting on the updates and on what I read on the official pages. (After making sure the page has https protocol and a valid certificate). But sometimes I get the impresion that this kind of updates are actually meant to exploit future vulnerabilities and someone just make a random selection of users to study possible effects and solutions, well maybe, maybe not! who knows!

Apple security updates - Apple Support

May 3, 2023 10:40 AM in response to imelda223

imelda223 wrote:

My concern as well.
Please Apple Corp. email us in detail that this is not the end result.
Looking forward to your response.

This is a user-to-user forum. Apple is not reading here for feedback or suggestions. They are not going to email you anything about this. You can let them know your thoughts on the matter here:

Product Feedback - Apple

May 3, 2023 11:28 AM in response to ovvldc

There are two tracks people can take. It's totally a choice.

You can choose to review the information supplied in updates and decide whether or not you want to upgrade. If the information isn't sufficient, or if you don't see any compelling need, then you don't have to apply any updates. It's totally, 100% optional. I'm not talking about Rapid Security Responses. I'm talking about Ventura, or whatever macOS 14 is called. Review the posts in the Ventura forum. Notice any trends?

Those of us who are still running Monterey don't have any of those problems. We still get updates. We still get security fixes. We aren't being hacked by the NSA, the Israelis, or the North Koreans. Yes, I admit. When I copy movies to my iPad to watch on the treadmill, I don't get that nice progress bar that I do on Ventura. So sad. That's literally the only tangible, practical improvement that I've seen in Ventura.

Apple wants to please its customers. It knows that many people are directly influenced by all of this mass-media and social media fear-mongering. So for people who simply must have every zero-day update, those are available. But Apple isn't neglecting the security of those of us who don't have news headlines running 24/7 or a constant Twitter feed.

I strongly encourage people to turn off the TV. Put the NYT to good use as a liner for the compost bin. Close your social media tabs. Everything magically gets better - I guarantee.

What is the actual content of the rapid security responses? I did not find info about the one issued on 1 May 20223 on Apple Support..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.