Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Error 1005 family sharing.

I am having the same problem as those below but don’t see the solution. Do we have one now?

iPhone 11 Pro

Posted on May 3, 2023 6:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 7, 2023 12:48 PM

When I received the Error 1005 I found it was that the iCloud terms and conditions hadn't been agreed to on the phone trying to accept the invite to family sharing. Once I went to that phone and completed the iCloud term and conditions setup the invite completed without issue.

Hope this helps someone

18 replies

May 5, 2023 11:31 AM in response to Justakay

Thank you for reaching out Justakay,

It sounds like you are seeing the "Something went wrong. The operation couldn't be completed. (com.apple.family.error error -1005.)" message while trying to join a family group. We can help.

First, let's make sure that you're following these steps to Add a member to a Family Sharing group on iPhone. This will include confirming the invitation is being sent from the family organizer to the joining family member, making sure that they have left any previous family share groups, and agreeing to any terms and conditions that are presented.

If that has been done, and you continue getting the error -1005 message, you can connect with Apple directly using either Apple Support or if you're in a region without direct support options, you can also Contact Apple for support and service.

Hope that helps.

Take care.

Jul 28, 2023 6:53 PM in response to Ramore36

You may have solved this already but posting just in case it helps anyone else.

You cannot accept the T's&C's from the phone.

The only way to do this is to use a web browser and log in with your daughters credentials.

During this process the credentials are authenticated and the terms are accepted.

Once you have done this, you will be able to add her to your family account via your phone.

I was struggling with the same issue and when I saw @whisper_99's post, it gave enough clues to solve the problem.

Error 1005 family sharing.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.