Macbook Air M1 Chip Turns on with Lid Closed

Hi. What do I need to do if my mac turns on after I shut it down and close the lid? I am using macOs Ventura. Thanks for the help.

MacBook Air 13″, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 3, 2023 8:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2023 2:54 AM

My MacBook Air 2021,

Automatically switching on after shut down with lid closed condition. If the MacBook turned off and kep in lid open condition it won't get switched on automatically. But the moment I close the lid after few minutes I can clearly hear switching on sound. Till date no resolution found. Please kindly help me to resolve the issue.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2023 2:54 AM in response to marlalaland

My MacBook Air 2021,

Automatically switching on after shut down with lid closed condition. If the MacBook turned off and kep in lid open condition it won't get switched on automatically. But the moment I close the lid after few minutes I can clearly hear switching on sound. Till date no resolution found. Please kindly help me to resolve the issue.

May 3, 2023 9:23 AM in response to marlalaland

Be aware that even when shutting down a new Apple Silicon (M1, M2) MacBook, the MacBook will turn on instantly, the moment the lid is opening. Even though you have in fact shut it down, it only remains in an "instant on" state.

How do you know it's in fact "on" if the lid is closed since opening the lid will instantly turn it on?

Aside from this, there is currently no way to disable this "instant on" feature.

You might want to give your opinion on this directly to Apple.

Product Feedback - Apple

Macbook Air M1 Chip Turns on with Lid Closed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.