Messages won't send to Android on iPad

My iPad gives me the “Not Delivered” message on my iPad. IPhone will work. Message doesn’t show on the iPhone either. There’s no ability to turn SMS on in the “Settings”.

Posted on May 3, 2023 2:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2023 3:07 PM

If you have an iPhone - and both iPad and iPhone are signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID - to send SMS/MMS messages (green bubbles) from your iPad you must explicitly enable Text Message Forwarding for your iPad on your iPhone...

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON - and explicitly enable your iPad from the list of devices.

Also ensure that Messages in iCloud is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to ON

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2023 3:07 PM in response to LandRover

If you have an iPhone - and both iPad and iPhone are signed-in to iCloud with the same AppleID - to send SMS/MMS messages (green bubbles) from your iPad you must explicitly enable Text Message Forwarding for your iPad on your iPhone...

On your iPhone:

Settings > Messages > Text Message Forwarding - set to ON - and explicitly enable your iPad from the list of devices.

Also ensure that Messages in iCloud is enabled on both your iPhone and iPad:

Settings > [Your Name / AppleID] > Messages - set to ON

May 3, 2023 4:21 PM in response to LotusPilot

Thanks. Learned a few things. The iPad was enabled. But in looking at the two menus I saw that the system had dropped my phone number as a message address. Just going through the menus triggered something and it added them as I was looking at it. I’ve had this happen before when they sent me an update.

I think a lot of their updates are being done by “second stringers” and mistakes are made.

Thanks so much for your help….. To paraphrase Kevin Costner in Bull Durham, “I’ll say nice things about you.”

Messages won't send to Android on iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.