Garageband sound issue- keeps regressing even when track Is locked

Hello,

I have a podcast interview to edit asap and I am losing my mind as the volume keeps regressing. I have tried locking it, but once I hit play to re-listen to the track, OR if I save it OR export to disk, it regresses. How do I fix this? Seems like a bug.

Screens attached. Any help?

regressed:

Posted on May 3, 2023 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2023 2:32 PM

Automation is really useful if and when you want to control any of a number of different parameters of the track, like volume (obviously) or mute/unmute, panning and filters, etc.

As a music artist I find automation a must have when it comes to mixing multiple tracks of instruments in a piece of music. Some tracks must be automated and other not so much. With large numbers of adjustments being necessary one finds one often does not have nearly enough hands to do the work.

For podcasts and interviews I would expect the necessity to be much less critical as you are likely only using a few channels of audio and it's easy to reach up and adjust any of them on the fly.

Good luck 🍀 with your podcast work. Stick to it and keep learning and you'll be proficient before you know it. 🙂👍🏽

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2023 2:32 PM in response to nicola1177

Automation is really useful if and when you want to control any of a number of different parameters of the track, like volume (obviously) or mute/unmute, panning and filters, etc.

As a music artist I find automation a must have when it comes to mixing multiple tracks of instruments in a piece of music. Some tracks must be automated and other not so much. With large numbers of adjustments being necessary one finds one often does not have nearly enough hands to do the work.

For podcasts and interviews I would expect the necessity to be much less critical as you are likely only using a few channels of audio and it's easy to reach up and adjust any of them on the fly.

Good luck 🍀 with your podcast work. Stick to it and keep learning and you'll be proficient before you know it. 🙂👍🏽

Garageband sound issue- keeps regressing even when track Is locked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.