You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 14, Apple Music some songs play but get stuck on download.

Downloading songs so I can play in places with no internet service. Some playlist download fine. Other playlists will partially download and the progress circle stays stuck (and doesn't move ever) as in attached graphic. My playlists download songs fine on my iPad. Restarting the Music app or phone doesn't help. I just got a brand new iPhone 14 today and the same problem happens. Latest OS version. Plenty of free storage space. Some of the online suggestions say to log out of Apple Music, but I don't see a way in OS 16.4.1 to sign out of only Music. Unsure of the results of signing out of my Apple account altogether on the phone. Any suggestions beyond the standard troubleshooting that I've already done?

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on May 3, 2023 10:35 PM

1 reply

May 6, 2023 11:30 AM in response to Dave from Greenhaven

Hi there Dave from Greenhaven,

If some music isn't downloading as expected in Apple Music, let's first check to see if this happens over multiple Wi-Fi and cellular networks. That will allow us to isolate whether the network connection or something else is responsible for this behavior.

If this occurs over multiple network connections, then check if changing the audio quality of downloads on your device resolves this issue. You can change this under Settings > Music > Audio Quality > Downloads.

If this persists with every audio quality selected in this area, then contact Apple Support next. They would be the best equipped to investigate this further. Reach out using this: Get Support

Take care!

iPhone 14, Apple Music some songs play but get stuck on download.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.