ipod touch 6.1.6

How to get music on iPod running 6.1.6

Posted on May 4, 2023 1:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2023 2:41 AM

Basically, you need to add the music to your iPod via your computer. The method depends on what sort of computer you are using, so read the following and make sure you use the correct option for your computer:

• if you are using Windows 10 (or Windows 11), use iTunes. If you need to download and install iTunes, go to iTunes - Apple and tap the Get it from Microsoft button
    • if you're using Windows 7 (or Windows 8), go to iTunes 12.10.11 for Windows (Windows 64 bit). Be aware that this is an older version of iTunes as the later (and latest) versions will not work on Windows 7. It will however, work with your iPod Touch
    • if you have a Mac using OS Mojave (10:14) or earlier, use iTunes, which should already be on your machine
    • if you have a Mac using OS Catalina (10:15) or later, use Finder. Again, this should already be on your computer

iTunes:

If you will be using iTunes, first of all, add music to your iTunes Library. You can add music that you have:

• ripped (copied/imported) from CDs (and iTunes can do this for you)
      • purchased from online stores, such as Amazon, Beatport and Bandcamp etc.
      • downloaded from other online sites (such as an artist's own site)
      • purchased from the iTunes Store. Note that you will not be able to buy music from the iTunes Store directly on the iPod. You will need to use iTunes

If you need assistance with all or any of the above, please ask.

Once you have the music in your iTunes Library, copy it to the iPod by using the iTunes Sync feature. Again, if you need help with this procedure, please ask.

Finder:

I'm not a Mac user, so I'm not the best person to offer advice on the procedure. However, it should be easy to follow. The basic process is to add the music to your computer and then use Finder to copy it to your iPod Touch.

Apple Music:

This is a subscription music service, but as far as I know, you cannot use it on your iPod Touch since it requires a later version of iOS.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2023 2:41 AM in response to EllaBee10

Basically, you need to add the music to your iPod via your computer. The method depends on what sort of computer you are using, so read the following and make sure you use the correct option for your computer:

• if you are using Windows 10 (or Windows 11), use iTunes. If you need to download and install iTunes, go to iTunes - Apple and tap the Get it from Microsoft button
    • if you're using Windows 7 (or Windows 8), go to iTunes 12.10.11 for Windows (Windows 64 bit). Be aware that this is an older version of iTunes as the later (and latest) versions will not work on Windows 7. It will however, work with your iPod Touch
    • if you have a Mac using OS Mojave (10:14) or earlier, use iTunes, which should already be on your machine
    • if you have a Mac using OS Catalina (10:15) or later, use Finder. Again, this should already be on your computer

iTunes:

If you will be using iTunes, first of all, add music to your iTunes Library. You can add music that you have:

• ripped (copied/imported) from CDs (and iTunes can do this for you)
      • purchased from online stores, such as Amazon, Beatport and Bandcamp etc.
      • downloaded from other online sites (such as an artist's own site)
      • purchased from the iTunes Store. Note that you will not be able to buy music from the iTunes Store directly on the iPod. You will need to use iTunes

If you need assistance with all or any of the above, please ask.

Once you have the music in your iTunes Library, copy it to the iPod by using the iTunes Sync feature. Again, if you need help with this procedure, please ask.

Finder:

I'm not a Mac user, so I'm not the best person to offer advice on the procedure. However, it should be easy to follow. The basic process is to add the music to your computer and then use Finder to copy it to your iPod Touch.

Apple Music:

This is a subscription music service, but as far as I know, you cannot use it on your iPod Touch since it requires a later version of iOS.

ipod touch 6.1.6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.