Apple TV lyrics disappearing after some time

Hi,

When playing Apple Music on my Apple TV, the lyrics disappear after exactly 60 seconds. I have to press the menu button and then they appear again but after 1 minute the lyrics disappear and only an image of the Album Cover and the title is displayed.

I’ve tried many solutions as updating the Apple TV and restarting it and nothing worked.

This behavior looks like a sort of screen saver, yet the screen saver is off. There are no content restrictions either.

(repost updated from an old question posted 3 years ago by someone else, left unanswered)

Apple TV 4K (3rd generation)

Posted on May 4, 2023 7:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2023 11:27 AM

Howdy sebastienbrochot,

It sounds like Apple Music lyrics on your Apple TV are not working correctly. We know how important listening to your music is for you, and we will help you get to the right place to find a resolution. Support is limited for this issue via the Apple Support Communities webpage. Please reach out to the AppleCare support team via this link: Get Support.

Take Care!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2023 11:27 AM in response to sebastienbrochot

Howdy sebastienbrochot,

It sounds like Apple Music lyrics on your Apple TV are not working correctly. We know how important listening to your music is for you, and we will help you get to the right place to find a resolution. Support is limited for this issue via the Apple Support Communities webpage. Please reach out to the AppleCare support team via this link: Get Support.

Take Care!

Dec 13, 2023 9:33 PM in response to sebastienbrochot

I'm having the same problem but I figured out what is the cause of the problem. When listening to Apple music being streamed from a separate source i.e. your iPhone, the Apple TV's music Now Playing will show only an image of the Album Cover and the title after 1 minute.

A work around is connecting to your homepod before playing music or playing music straight from your Apple Tv. This seems to solved the lyric problem, but this introduced a new problem of desync between the 4 homepods I used to create surround sound.

Apple TV lyrics disappearing after some time

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.