You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In the previous Pages I was able to change black colors in cartoons to grayscale, now I cannot do this. Is there a way to do this that I'm missing?

In the previous Pages I was able to change black colors in cartoons to grayscale, now I cannot do this. Is there a way to do this that I'm missing?

iMac 21.5″, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 4, 2023 10:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 4, 2023 10:52 AM

Select the image in Pages. In the sidebar, select the Image tab and set saturation to -100%. That will remove all color from the image, but for the most part, leave black alone. Then, if you select the Image Adjust button (to the right of the Enhance button) and then slide the Contrast to the left, the black will desaturate to gray.

Tested in Pages v13 on macOS Ventura 13.3.1.

Before

After with contrast at -20%:

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 4, 2023 10:52 AM in response to BudOne

Select the image in Pages. In the sidebar, select the Image tab and set saturation to -100%. That will remove all color from the image, but for the most part, leave black alone. Then, if you select the Image Adjust button (to the right of the Enhance button) and then slide the Contrast to the left, the black will desaturate to gray.

Tested in Pages v13 on macOS Ventura 13.3.1.

Before

After with contrast at -20%:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.