Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Announcement

Introducing the iPad Pro with Apple M4 chip, the redesigned iPad Air in two sizes, and the all‑new Apple Pencil Pro. Watch the event >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

I have misplaced my ipad. I have FIND MY and I set up my ipad for this reason when I got it. It is now showing it is offline and there is no location. I assume the battery is dead also. Is there any way that I can see the last known location?

I have misplaced my ipad. I have FIND MY DEVICES and it is showing that it is offline. I assume the battery is now dead also. Is there any way that I can find the last known location for it. When I go to Find my all it shows is an ipad without a location and that it is offline. Is it possible to find the last known location? I just want to make sure that I lost it somewhere at home and not at work.

iPad 2

Posted on May 4, 2023 2:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2023 2:57 PM

Start here:

Locate a device in Find My on iPad - Apple Support

Here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

If the Find My iPad feature was enabled prior to it being “misplaced”, then if active, you would stand a good chance of locating it. 

However, if the feature was not activated prior to being misplaced - or the iPad has been inactive for more than 24 hours, the last known location will not be available - and the opportunity to use technical means to recover the iPad have been lost.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2023 2:57 PM in response to LIZ_Bella

Start here:

Locate a device in Find My on iPad - Apple Support

Here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

If the Find My iPad feature was enabled prior to it being “misplaced”, then if active, you would stand a good chance of locating it. 

However, if the feature was not activated prior to being misplaced - or the iPad has been inactive for more than 24 hours, the last known location will not be available - and the opportunity to use technical means to recover the iPad have been lost.

I have misplaced my ipad. I have FIND MY and I set up my ipad for this reason when I got it. It is now showing it is offline and there is no location. I assume the battery is dead also. Is there any way that I can see the last known location?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.