Contact name showing up in all caps after recent IOS update

Is anyone else being told by text message recepients that your contact name switched to all capital letters after downloading the most recent update? I contacted apple support and was told any updates on my phone would not affect what occurs on others iPhone users but this doesn't make sense as all of my contacts reported the change (in how my name appeared as all caps on their phones) when I texted them exactly after I did update? I updated my contact card and when I text myself, I no longer see all caps but now all of contacts have to manually go in and change my contact name back to change how I appear on their end?

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on May 4, 2023 3:25 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 26, 2023 12:16 AM

all my contacts are in caps how to get them back to lowercase?

8 replies

Mar 19, 2024 4:24 PM in response to patch3333

Same issue for me which is incredibly annoying as I have to go to edit on the contact to see what is the correct capitalization as I originally entered. I have contacted apple support and this is being forwarded to the engineers to determine if this is a planned change. I am posting to make you aware that per apple support, regardless of the number of posts on this community forum there is never any action/modification/investigation of a glitch unless you call apple support or (theoritically) submit via apple.com/feedback as they do not monitor the community forum boards. Mine was the only call they had received about this issue. If you dislike this as much as I do please formally complain.

Contact name showing up in all caps after recent IOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.