Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Not receiving Notifications or messages

I am no longer being notified on my IPhone 11 or Apple Watch of text, messenger or snap chat. I have to click into the app to see if I have anything. I also didn’t receive a text at all on my phone, I just happened to see it the next morning when searching my watch. Even after reading & replying to the text it still does not show it on my phone. All settings nave been checked and are still on/enabled. Please help

iPhone 11

Posted on May 4, 2023 8:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2023 2:08 AM

Where notifications appear

Notifications appear on your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both.

If your iPhone is unlocked, you get notifications on your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch.

If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked.

Some apps, such as the Noise app, are only on your Apple Watch. Notifications for these apps don't appear on your iPhone.

The red notification icon  appears at the top of your watch face when you have unread notifications. If you want to hide the notification icon, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap Notifications, then turn off Notifications Indicator.

When you read or dismiss notifications on your Apple Watch, they’re also dismissed from your iPhone.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2023 2:08 AM in response to Ellie-Cat

Where notifications appear

Notifications appear on your Apple Watch or iPhone, but not both.

If your iPhone is unlocked, you get notifications on your iPhone instead of your Apple Watch.

If your iPhone is locked or asleep, you get notifications on your Apple Watch, unless your Apple Watch is locked.

Some apps, such as the Noise app, are only on your Apple Watch. Notifications for these apps don't appear on your iPhone.

The red notification icon  appears at the top of your watch face when you have unread notifications. If you want to hide the notification icon, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap Notifications, then turn off Notifications Indicator.

When you read or dismiss notifications on your Apple Watch, they’re also dismissed from your iPhone.

May 5, 2023 10:11 PM in response to SravanKrA

Thankyou this was helpful however, I turned my Bluetooth off so my watch was not connected and let the watch go completely flat so it was not on. My phone still will not sound to notify me nor does the notification appear on the locked or open screen, stacked/listed etc nor does it show the (1) red symbol on the app face to show there is a message.

the only way I can see if there is a message or snap chat is if I actually click into the app and then they will load 🤷‍♀️

Not receiving Notifications or messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.