Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Beats for pro only showing up in find my when case is opened

I purchased the beats fit pro and i really like them.

The only issue i’m having now is when i use find my to locate them it will only show the last place they were when the case was opened.

I tested this by fully charging them and leaving them on my coffee table. I then went to find my and the last location was where i used them at work. If i didn’t know where they were i would think oh i left them at work.

Even though they were sitting right beside me the find my app could not locate them. Once i opened the case they showed up.

This renders the find for them basically useless.

Will apple have an update for this or is the limited find my functionality for them limited to when they are in use (such as i drop one and can’t find it) or the case is opened?

Posted on May 4, 2023 8:45 PM

2 replies

May 4, 2023 10:16 PM in response to Johnathan Burger

I was thinking that as well. If they were able to connect to wifi then they would be able to be located like an air tag correct?

Or someone could develop a case for them that would have a place for an airtag. Might be bulky but i keep them in my backpack so i would be interested in that.

I’m still learning and i thank you for your response.

Cheers!

Beats for pro only showing up in find my when case is opened

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.