Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Why does my iPhone 14 max pro not connect via bluetooth to my MacBook Pro on macOS Monterey?

Why does my iPhone 14 max pro not connect via bluetooth to my MacBook Pro on macOS Monterey?

When it has no problem connecting to my other MacBook Pro on macOS Big Sur.

I saw previously asked question and the red herring responses along the lines that you can't as the 2 device share AppleID - really nonsense, as all my devices are on the same appleID.

MacBook Pro 16″

Posted on May 5, 2023 9:27 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2023 9:31 AM

You can’t connect an iOS device to any computer or other iOS device using Bluetooth except to use the iOS device as a personal hotspot. You also don’t need to, because continuity features work without a paired Bluetooth connection.

14 replies

May 5, 2023 9:38 AM in response to nevasha

A direct bluetooth connection is not supported, never has been, and is not necessary outside of Personal Hotspot.

As has been questioned already, what are you hoping to accomplish by connecting them exactly?

Most things between an iPhone and a Mac that use bluetooth do not require a direct connection. Only for bluetooth to be turned on.

I'm fairly certain your other MBP on Big Sur is not directly connected to the iPhone over bluetooth. Maybe just using bluetooth for certain things.

May 15, 2023 11:09 AM in response to kovadis

kovadis wrote:

It is no longer possible to connect Iphone 14 pro to MacBook Pro Via Bluetooth.

As just confirmed by Apple. I have the same issue.
Apple has completely turned off that feature and it will not be possible to connect via bluetooth anymore.

As has been mentioned here, and in your other thread, it has never been directly possible, nor necessary.

If you explain what you are trying to accomplish, someone may be able to help you out.

May 15, 2023 11:51 AM in response to kovadis

kovadis wrote:

It is no longer possible to connect Iphone 14 pro to MacBook Pro Via Bluetooth.

As just confirmed by Apple. I have the same issue.
Apple has completely turned off that feature and it will not be possible to connect via bluetooth anymore.

How could Apple have turned it off, if it was never on? No version of iOS in the 15 years that it has been available was ever able to pair with a computer using Bluetooth except for tethering, using the phone as a (very slow) Bluetooth cellular modem. Nor was it ever necessary for Bluetooth to pair for an iOS device to communicate with a computer.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.