You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

tvOS 18 is now available

Updates elevate cinematic experiences and make it even easier to manage the home. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV not playing on our TV

I can't log in and watch Apple TV on our TV. It says verification failed.

Posted on May 5, 2023 3:04 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 6, 2023 9:23 AM

What is your model TV (or model TV-connected streaming device) on which you have the Apple TV app?

Some other users have also mentioned similar error message on this forum.

I haven’t seen a broad general resolution here though.

- Please verify that the device system software is up-to-date.

- Verify that the Apple TV app is up-to-date, if not done automatically.

- Verify that your router or firewall doesn’t block Apple authentication servers, in case you made custom changes.

- Verify that your devices and router use a good DNS, like the one from your ISP, which gets updated with all the server names that Apple might use. Again, only applies if you made custom changes.

- Verify that your device has the correct date, time, and time zone, as Apple may be more strict about that than other content providers (for TLS secure connection reasons).

Else I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 6, 2023 9:23 AM in response to StaceyMuhammad

What is your model TV (or model TV-connected streaming device) on which you have the Apple TV app?

Some other users have also mentioned similar error message on this forum.

I haven’t seen a broad general resolution here though.

- Please verify that the device system software is up-to-date.

- Verify that the Apple TV app is up-to-date, if not done automatically.

- Verify that your router or firewall doesn’t block Apple authentication servers, in case you made custom changes.

- Verify that your devices and router use a good DNS, like the one from your ISP, which gets updated with all the server names that Apple might use. Again, only applies if you made custom changes.

- Verify that your device has the correct date, time, and time zone, as Apple may be more strict about that than other content providers (for TLS secure connection reasons).

Else I would suggest to contact an expert from the Apple Support staff for further assistance. Contact Apple for support and service (phone numbers) or start your support request online (chat/​email/​callback).

Apple TV not playing on our TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.