Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

where’s the passcode

Recently, I have tried to change my passcode, but I cannot find the settings where I change the passcode and fingerprint. I also have tried searching it up. Does anyone even know where it went?

iPad Air, iPadOS 16

Posted on May 5, 2023 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2023 3:31 PM

Have you restricted access to your Passcode settings with ScreenTime restrictions?

Settings > ScreenTime > Content & Privacy Restrictions > [Allow Changes] Passcode Changes - set to Allow

When this permission is set to Don’t Allow, your TouchID & Passcode settings are hidden from view - and are not accessible.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2023 3:31 PM in response to 3xternal

Have you restricted access to your Passcode settings with ScreenTime restrictions?

Settings > ScreenTime > Content & Privacy Restrictions > [Allow Changes] Passcode Changes - set to Allow

When this permission is set to Don’t Allow, your TouchID & Passcode settings are hidden from view - and are not accessible.

where’s the passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.