How is Rapid Security Response a good idea?

Who is the genius who thought Rapid Security Response was a good idea???? - I got a pop-up message on my devices saying "rapid security response" and something about install now.... it took me 20 minute to figure out if my system had been compromized and if this was an actual thing. Now, I need to go and explain this to my 80 year old mom! How am i going to be able to tell her that it is now OK to click on alarming messages on her i device????

i have been trained to NEVER click on this sort of pop-up message! EVER! now apple is going to show this every day? hour? minute? why???? security posture has just vanished.

What a nightmare - how do i let Apple know how terrible this feature is????

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on May 5, 2023 3:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2023 3:43 PM

you can use their feedback channel

Product Feedback - Apple

5 replies

May 5, 2023 5:36 PM in response to romain26

I thought it was a hacker. Hackers send these bad messages and when you click on it it installs something bad on the phone. I had to look up on another computer that this is real. The Rapid Response message prompts one to restart the phone. But then you have to put the Apple ID in the phone. I looked it up first to make sure it is real. Whew! They could have let us know first that this is real and not some hacker who is after my Apple ID.

May 5, 2023 6:44 PM in response to sberman

Humm - i don’t want to suggest it is a bad idea - I want to suggest that the pop-up could have been phrased differently or that it could have been an ‘opt-in’ feature, instead of just popping up -

IMHO this is just very poor user experience — i am sure this was communicated in release notes as well as the site mentioned above- unfortunately, I only peruse the Apple site occasionally, and must have missed it -

I am pretty sure I am not the only one somewhat taken aback by this message, not to mention my 80+ year-old mom who pbly thought she had been pwned again -

I am not at expert at UX, or communications but still think that the most valuable company in the world employing 200k+ people could have come up with a better idea…. Still my own opinion . Thanks for taking the time to answer this thread btw - happy trails

How is Rapid Security Response a good idea?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.