Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Why does my App Store keep asking for payment method

Why do I keep getting asked for my payment method

iPhone 12

Posted on May 5, 2023 5:18 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 5, 2023 9:05 PM

Billing information is needed If you can't choose None as a payment method. The "None" option will not appear...

1. If you have an unpaid balance or payment due
  2. If you have a subscription that automatically renews
  3. If you're using the iTunes Store or App Store for the first time
  4. If you are not in the country or region you’re creating an Apple ID for
  5. If you changed your country or region
  6. If you're a part of Family Sharing

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 5, 2023 9:05 PM in response to Told122

Billing information is needed If you can't choose None as a payment method. The "None" option will not appear...

1. If you have an unpaid balance or payment due
  2. If you have a subscription that automatically renews
  3. If you're using the iTunes Store or App Store for the first time
  4. If you are not in the country or region you’re creating an Apple ID for
  5. If you changed your country or region
  6. If you're a part of Family Sharing

May 5, 2023 9:22 PM in response to Told122

Told122 Said:

"Why do I keep getting asked for my payment method"

-------

Troubleshooting Methods of Payment:

A. At Least Method of Payment:

You need at least one method of payment assisted to your account. So, normally if you are looking to swap it out, add the new one first, and then remove the old one. But, being the other way around, contact Apple Support.

B. Contacting Apple Suppport:

Request to speak to the iTunes Store Staff. Show them what happened. They will see this, informing you about where this all, confirm where this all stands in your Apple Account, and run you through the fix. If need be, ask about performing a screensharing session with the Apple Rep.

• Contact Us - Choose Locations
  • Proceed from there as Necessary
  • Note: Calls seem to be taking much longer than normal to get an Apple Rep to answer the call. And that makes sense, because many are at home at the moment (due to the Coronavirus Pandemic), hence they have more free time on their hands for a chance to callApple Support.

Why does my App Store keep asking for payment method

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.