Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Does anybody know how to change order/sort shared albums in Photos (Macintosh)?

Does anybody know how to change order/sort shared albums in Photos (Macintosh)? I can easily change order of myalbums by right-clicking them but this method doesn't exist for shared albums.

iMac 27″, macOS 13.2

Posted on May 5, 2023 7:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2023 10:54 AM

Shared Albums can be sorted only one way: in the order the pictures were added to it.

Tell Apple what missing features you'd like restored or new features added in Photos via Feedback - Photos - Apple

4 replies

May 7, 2023 6:06 AM in response to Garryoak99

Do you want to change the way the list of shared albums is sorted or the sequence of the photos in the shared albums?

You can sort the photos in the shared albums (since macOS 13 Ventura) by using the View menu. Select the shared album in the sidebar, then use the command "View > Sort " and select one of the three sort options.

This will sort the shared album on your device, but not change the sort orden on the devices of the other subscribers.

The list of the shared albums cannot be rearranged, however. You have to create the shared albums in the order you want them to appear in your library.

May 8, 2023 1:56 AM in response to Garryoak99

It is a bit cumbersome, as we can have up to 200 Shared albums, and we cannot even group them with folders.

I am deleting the shared albums again, once the subscribers have saved the photos, and I am only keeping the standard albums, where I shared the photos from. The standard albums can easily be organized with folders and sorted. And in the standard albums my photos are still having the original resolution and quality, and the metadata.

Does anybody know how to change order/sort shared albums in Photos (Macintosh)?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.