Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Cannot start or join family sharing

When I removed family sharing I got this massage

"Cannot start family sharing, this account will be able to use family sharing again after 156 days"

I don't know why, I cannot find any notice from apple or information says that or help to solve it

iPhone 13 Pro

Posted on May 6, 2023 2:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2023 5:20 AM

The solution is to wait 157 days. The reason is outlined in the message and in these articles:

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

"Remember, you can only join one family at a time, and you can only switch to a different family group once per year." March 27, 2023

Legal - Apple Media Services - Apple

D. "Family Sharing Rules: You can only belong to one Family at a time, and may join any Family no more than twice per year."

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2023 5:20 AM in response to AlaaYahia

The solution is to wait 157 days. The reason is outlined in the message and in these articles:

Set up Family Sharing - Apple Support

"Remember, you can only join one family at a time, and you can only switch to a different family group once per year." March 27, 2023

Legal - Apple Media Services - Apple

D. "Family Sharing Rules: You can only belong to one Family at a time, and may join any Family no more than twice per year."

Cannot start or join family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.