Phone dictation

Hi! I switched from Verizon to Spectrum and I no longer have the phone dictation option. Help!

I have an iPhone 12

Posted on May 6, 2023 5:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2023 6:03 AM

Hi!

Dictation on iPhone isn't linked to cellular capabilities, meaning that switching from one mobile phone carrier to another wouldn't have disabled the feature. Regardless, thanks for giving as much information as you can!

Please ensure you're following the steps outlined in this article: Use Dictation on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Hope this helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2023 6:03 AM in response to DanelleReeve

Hi!

Dictation on iPhone isn't linked to cellular capabilities, meaning that switching from one mobile phone carrier to another wouldn't have disabled the feature. Regardless, thanks for giving as much information as you can!

Please ensure you're following the steps outlined in this article: Use Dictation on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support.

Hope this helps!

May 6, 2023 2:01 PM in response to DanelleReeve

I understand. If you're having issues with receiving text messages, it is a problem with your new carrier, Spectrum. I advise speaking to their support team, regarding that problem.

However, dictation has no affiliation with cellular connections or the SIM card. The only thing I can think of is if they gave you a new phone as part of the plan and the new phone is faulty. If you suspect this is the case, try restarting the iPhone:

1. Press and hold either volume button and the side button until the power-off slider appears.
2. Drag the slider, then wait 30 seconds for your device to turn off. If your device is frozen or unresponsive, force-restart your device.
3. To turn your device back on, press and hold the side button (on the right-hand side of your iPhone) until you see the Apple logo.

(From Restart your iPhone - Apple Support)

If this doesn't solve it, it may be a hardware issue due to a fault in the iPhone, as mentioned before. Please contact Apple Support: Contact - Official Apple Support.

Have a great day!

Phone dictation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.