Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

I cannot get Apple TV on my tv

i cannot get Apple TV on my tv. I get network unavailable. There were errors with this connection. Wait a moment then try again. It had been working just fine a couple of days before.

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

UNU7400,

Posted on May 6, 2023 7:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2023 5:33 AM

Something is causing the app to be unable to contact the remote servers.

See if this document has clues that apply to your situation: If you can't watch or stream movies and TV shows in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

“Network Unavailable” may mean no valid reaction from the remote server.

1. Verify that your router doesn’t block Apple’s servers (or its CDN) through a firewall setting, if you customized that.
  2. Verify that your router doesn’t block ports that Apple services like to use, if you customized that.
  3. Verify that you use a good DNS on your router, like the one from your ISP, which gets updated with all server names that Apple might use, if you customized that.
  4. Verify that your TV has the correct date and time and timezone, as Apple may be more strict about that (TLS) than other content providers.

Else

1. Check for Tizen OS software updates.
  2. Check for Apple TV app updates, if not set to do so automatically.
  3. Try resetting the Apple TV app.
  4. Try deleting and re-installing the Apple TV app, if available through your device.
  5. Try a cold restart of the TV (not standby-wake, but really off for a moment).
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2023 5:33 AM in response to lcarnold10

Something is causing the app to be unable to contact the remote servers.

See if this document has clues that apply to your situation: If you can't watch or stream movies and TV shows in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

“Network Unavailable” may mean no valid reaction from the remote server.

1. Verify that your router doesn’t block Apple’s servers (or its CDN) through a firewall setting, if you customized that.
  2. Verify that your router doesn’t block ports that Apple services like to use, if you customized that.
  3. Verify that you use a good DNS on your router, like the one from your ISP, which gets updated with all server names that Apple might use, if you customized that.
  4. Verify that your TV has the correct date and time and timezone, as Apple may be more strict about that (TLS) than other content providers.

Else

1. Check for Tizen OS software updates.
  2. Check for Apple TV app updates, if not set to do so automatically.
  3. Try resetting the Apple TV app.
  4. Try deleting and re-installing the Apple TV app, if available through your device.
  5. Try a cold restart of the TV (not standby-wake, but really off for a moment).

I cannot get Apple TV on my tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.