Random "muted" notifications for texts on iPhone

Frequently I fail to get a notification for a new text message. I do not have anyone deliberately "muted". It is random and affects all senders. It only happens when the phone is off. If I have messages open I get the notification. I'm using iOS version 16.4.1(a).

iPhone 12

Posted on May 6, 2023 7:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2023 3:39 PM

Hey rtgrants,

We'd recommend checking to see if you have any Focus or Do Not Disturb settings enabled on your device as that could be blocking notifications.

You can check your Focus settings using the steps here: Use Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

To check your Do Not Disturb settings, check out this link: Use Do Not Disturb with Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Thanks!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2023 3:39 PM in response to rtgrants

Hey rtgrants,

We'd recommend checking to see if you have any Focus or Do Not Disturb settings enabled on your device as that could be blocking notifications.

You can check your Focus settings using the steps here: Use Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

To check your Do Not Disturb settings, check out this link: Use Do Not Disturb with Focus on your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

Thanks!

Random "muted" notifications for texts on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.