On old iPad (purchased in 2012) how can I delete apps

On old iPad (purchased in 2012) how can I delete apps that I see on my main screen but do not use.

iPad 2

Posted on May 6, 2023 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2023 12:25 PM

frankfriedman wrote:

Thanks, but I do not see a minus sign on the Apps I want to delete. On many apps that I do not want to delete, there is a small x within a gray circle. Examples are Solitaire and Zoom. But I do not want to delete them. Apps such as Podcasts and Photo Booth that I would like to delete do not have a minus sign or an x on them. Guess I am not aloud to delete these?

Correct. Those are built in to the OS and cannot be removed.

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2023 12:25 PM in response to frankfriedman

frankfriedman wrote:

Thanks, but I do not see a minus sign on the Apps I want to delete. On many apps that I do not want to delete, there is a small x within a gray circle. Examples are Solitaire and Zoom. But I do not want to delete them. Apps such as Podcasts and Photo Booth that I would like to delete do not have a minus sign or an x on them. Guess I am not aloud to delete these?

Correct. Those are built in to the OS and cannot be removed.

May 6, 2023 9:51 AM in response to frankfriedman

Many Apps are integral elements of iOS that cannot be deleted from the iPad. While built-in Apps cannot be deleted, they can be moved into one or more App Folders - where they can be simply ignored.

To create an App folder, simply drag one App icon onto another - and pause - before lifting your finger from the screen; the App folder will be created automatically. Once created, you can drag other App icons to the folder.

May 6, 2023 12:21 PM in response to FoxFifth

On old iPad (purchased in 2012) how can I delete apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.