Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Screen time not working

Me and my daughter both have iphone with updated software version. Screen time is not working at all

i try downtime , add limits … do whatever it takes but its not working .:. Can anyone help

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on May 6, 2023 10:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2023 4:09 AM

I have the same problem. Constantly not recognising changes as they are made. Apple has gone downhill, no reliability or simplistically anymore. What a shame.

2 replies

May 10, 2023 7:12 AM in response to sharad128

Hi sharad128,

Thanks for contacting Apple support Communities with your question. Let's confirm the steps taken to set up Screen Time first:

"Turn on Screen Time

1. Go to Settings > Screen Time.
  2. Tap Turn On Screen Time, then tap it again.
  3. Select This is My [device] or This is My Child's [device].

After you turn on Screen Time, you'll see a report showing how you use your device, apps, and websites. If it's your child's device, you can set up Screen Time and create settings on their device or you can use Family Sharing to configure your child’s device from your device. After you set up your child’s device, you can also use Family Sharing to see reports and adjust settings from your device.

With Screen Time, you can also create a dedicated passcode to secure settings, so only you can extend time or make changes. Make sure to choose a passcode that's different from the passcode that you use to unlock your device. To change or turn off the passcode on your child's device, go to Settings > Screen Time and tap your child's name. Then tap Change Screen Time Passcode or Turn Off Screen Time Passcode, and authenticate the change with Face ID, Touch ID, or your device passcode.

If you forgot your Screen Time passcode, update your device to the latest iOS or iPadOS, then reset your passcode.

Set a Screen Time passcode

You can set a passcode so that only you can change Screen Time settings and allow more time when app limits expire. Use this feature to set content and privacy limitations for your child's device. The steps to set up a Screen Time passcode depend on whether you're using Family Sharing.

If you're using Family Sharing to manage a child account

1. Go to Settings and tap Screen Time.
  2. Scroll down and choose your child's name under Family. 
  3. Tap Turn on Screen Time, then tap Continue. 
  4. Set up DowntimeApp Limits, and Content & Privacy with the limitations that you want for your child, or tap Not Now. 
  5. Tap Use Screen Time Passcode, then enter a passcode when prompted. Re-enter the passcode to confirm. 
  6. Enter your Apple ID and password. This can be used to reset your Screen Time passcode if you forget it. 

If you're not using Family Sharing to manage a child account

1. Make sure that you're on the device used by the child.
  2. Go to Settings and tap Screen Time.
  3. Tap Turn on Screen Time. 
  4. Tap This is My Child's [device].
  5. Set up DowntimeApp Limits, and Content & Privacy with the limitations that you want for your child, or tap Not Now. 
  6. Tap Use Screen Time Passcode, then enter a passcode when prompted. Re-enter the passcode to confirm. 
  7. Enter your Apple ID and password. This can be used to reset your Screen Time passcode if you forget it.

"

Use Screen Time on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Next, let's get in touch with support for some additional options. Get Support

Cheers.

Screen time not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.