Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

If I delete photos in iCloud, will they remain in the photos app.

Posted on May 6, 2023 12:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2023 3:13 AM

It will depend on your settings for iCloud.

When you delete a photo in iCloud, directly in the Photos.app on your iCloud webpage www.icloud.com , the phto will be deleted from all your devices, that are syncing with iCloud Photos, using the same AppleID for iCloud. This is to be expected, as the main purpose of iCloud Photos iss to keep the Photos Libraries on all devices in sync and identical with iCloud Photos.

If you want to see different photos on your devices in Photos than in iCloud Photos, do not enable iCloud Photos on the devices. Use iCloud Photos only, if you want the syncing feature, an identical Photos Library across all your devices, with your photos stored off-site in iCloud, and mirrored on all your devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2023 3:13 AM in response to irenefromcanton

It will depend on your settings for iCloud.

When you delete a photo in iCloud, directly in the Photos.app on your iCloud webpage www.icloud.com , the phto will be deleted from all your devices, that are syncing with iCloud Photos, using the same AppleID for iCloud. This is to be expected, as the main purpose of iCloud Photos iss to keep the Photos Libraries on all devices in sync and identical with iCloud Photos.

If you want to see different photos on your devices in Photos than in iCloud Photos, do not enable iCloud Photos on the devices. Use iCloud Photos only, if you want the syncing feature, an identical Photos Library across all your devices, with your photos stored off-site in iCloud, and mirrored on all your devices.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.