It doesn’t let me factory reset

I cant factory reset my macbook pro

Posted on May 6, 2023 4:27 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2023 6:32 PM

What happens when you try?

There are several startup options that may allow you to reinstall the macOS:

• If you use Command-R during startup, you may be offered to reinstall the last macOS that was installed.
  • If you use Option-Command-R during startup, you might be offered the latest macOS that is compatible with your Mac. Use this method if you can't install macOS successfully after pressing Command-R during startup.
  • If you use Shift-Option-Command-R during startup, you might be offered the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available. 

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

To do a proper reset to factory spec, please follow the guidance at this link:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2023 6:32 PM in response to jenrry259

What happens when you try?

There are several startup options that may allow you to reinstall the macOS:

• If you use Command-R during startup, you may be offered to reinstall the last macOS that was installed.
  • If you use Option-Command-R during startup, you might be offered the latest macOS that is compatible with your Mac. Use this method if you can't install macOS successfully after pressing Command-R during startup.
  • If you use Shift-Option-Command-R during startup, you might be offered the macOS that came with your Mac, or the closest version still available. 

How to reinstall macOS - Apple Support

To do a proper reset to factory spec, please follow the guidance at this link:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Mac - Apple Support

It doesn’t let me factory reset

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.