Newsroom Update

Tap to Pay on iPhone is now available in Canada. Learn more >

Time on lock is dim

Why does my time on the Lock Screen changed to a lighter color (dimmed) and how do I change it back to normal? I’ve already checked and it’s not on low battery mode

iPhone 12

Posted on May 6, 2023 5:40 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2023 6:14 PM

Hello LauFZ!

Please head to the “Customize a Lock Screen wallpaper with filters, widgets, and styles” section of Change the wallpaper on your iPhone - Apple Support, and try selecting a different color for the time. For example, try white or black, and then see if the issue persists.

In the screenshot I will provide below, I have circled in red the color which may be selected for your time. This color, or setting, tries to match the color of the time with the background, while still keeping it visible. And as you may have discovered, this may not always work out.

Here is the screenshot. Notice the first color circled in red. See if that same option is selected on you device:

If you have further questions, feel free to reply.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2023 6:14 PM in response to LauFZ

Hello LauFZ!

Please head to the “Customize a Lock Screen wallpaper with filters, widgets, and styles” section of Change the wallpaper on your iPhone - Apple Support, and try selecting a different color for the time. For example, try white or black, and then see if the issue persists.

In the screenshot I will provide below, I have circled in red the color which may be selected for your time. This color, or setting, tries to match the color of the time with the background, while still keeping it visible. And as you may have discovered, this may not always work out.

Here is the screenshot. Notice the first color circled in red. See if that same option is selected on you device:

If you have further questions, feel free to reply.

I hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

Time on lock is dim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.