music on Apple TV

is there a way I can put music from my iMac (iTunes library) onto my Apple TV 3rd gen? I'm not talking apple music/purchased iTunes content I'm talking about stuff on my iMac from a cd. any way to sync it?

Apple TV (3rd generation)

Posted on May 6, 2023 5:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2023 7:36 PM

You can stream it through Home Sharing. It is not a transfer, but sort-of remote access.

Activate Home Sharing in the iTunes application (File menu﹥Home Sharing﹥…), and also on Apple TV, then access the shared content through the Computers app on Apple TV.

Use Home Sharing to share iTunes content with other devices - Apple Support (via Wayback Machine)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2023 7:36 PM in response to IpodLover1027

You can stream it through Home Sharing. It is not a transfer, but sort-of remote access.

Activate Home Sharing in the iTunes application (File menu﹥Home Sharing﹥…), and also on Apple TV, then access the shared content through the Computers app on Apple TV.

Use Home Sharing to share iTunes content with other devices - Apple Support (via Wayback Machine)

music on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.