Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

I accidentally dismissed the notification request from Podcasts app and it's not showing up in the system settings now

I accidentally dismissed the notification request from the built-in Podcasts app and it's not showing up in the notification setting area. Is there a way to reset the notification settings or let Podcasts app resent the request?

MacBook Pro 14″, macOS 13.3

Posted on May 6, 2023 10:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2023 7:06 AM

Okay. I think I figured this out. I clicked "Follow" on a Podcast and a window popped open and asked if I wanted to enable Notifications. Once I clicked "Enable…", Podcasts showed up in System Settings > Notifications.

12 replies

May 7, 2023 6:45 AM in response to dialabrain

The first time I launched Podcasts, it did send a notification request which I clicked on it and dismissed by accident. Also, there is a notification settings of the Podcasts app on the top left Podcasts menu section. So I guess it's intended to send notification. Now the options in the notification setting of the Podcasts app are darken and cannot be toggled.

I accidentally dismissed the notification request from Podcasts app and it's not showing up in the system settings now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.