You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

watchOS 11 is now available

Introducing sleep apnea notifications, the Vitals app, training load, additional customization for Activity rings, a more personalized Smart Stack, and more. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Don't show notifications on wrist down

Hey there!

When a notification is shown on the apple watch and the wrist is lowered, the notification is still visible on the always on display instead of returning to the watchface completely. is there a way to change this behaviour? Thanks!

Apple Watch Series 5, watchOS 9

Posted on May 7, 2023 2:40 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 7, 2023 2:49 AM

Theres a small setting on the Watch app on your iPhone that lets you change which apps you want to expose the notification while your wrist is facing downwards. Watch > Notification > Show on wrist down > select the apps unless you want none to be exposed, toggle off.

4 replies

May 18, 2024 7:12 AM in response to dkuckeburg

I cannot find small settings as mentioned I went into the app and looked everywhere for small setting but I can’t even get to that first step. I even looked for big setting or big settings and small settings there is nothing of the sort, why would they even make that? they’re only needs to be a setting area. When I go to my TV settings there isn’t an option after selecting settings that then gives me the option to select small settings or XXL settings. I may have seen a one size fits all setting. it’s best to minimize directions for individuals not everyone is tech savvy I see this because someone like my grandmother would be very confused as silly as that sounds to some people lol I would never say there is a small setting on my Mac truck and allows you to change the volume lol there is a cute conveniently placed awesome rounded place vintage setting lol. I’d stick with “there is a setting.” no one setting is small or larger than another

May 18, 2024 7:18 AM in response to dkuckeburg

so only when my wrist is facing downwards to the floor what about when my wrist is moving around for instance if I am cleaning or something is that like for people who have children who want to look at their watch you hold your wrist facing down so they can see it? is that what you mean by wrist facing down to the floor or is it when you’re not actively looking at watch/wrist? very peculiar why it says wrist down it should be when you’re not looking at your wrist instead of to show them when your wrist is down if you’re at school all day and you’re sitting at your desk your wrist is never going to be down

Don't show notifications on wrist down

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.