Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Can i trade-in my old iPad and get sale for the next new iPad i’m buying?

I’ve wanted an iPad that supports Apple Pencil, but i’ve bought an used 5th generation iPad for 149€. If possible, can i trade my old iPad, and minus its old Price value to a new iPad, like an iPad pro, iPad air maybe?

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on May 7, 2023 5:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2023 5:17 AM

Apple does have a trade-in scheme. You can check eligibility - and obtain an estimated trade-in value - here:

Apple Trade In - Apple

The available trade-in value that you see listed in the online trade-in calculator is the maximum estimated value - amd assumes that the iPad is undamaged and fully working. The actual value is only finalised when the qualifying device has been inspected and accepted. 

Be aware that online and in-store trade-in values can differ - however, many find that completing a trade-in using the in-store process removes any doubt as to the value offered; the transaction is finalised without the risk of shipments going astray, or disagreement as to the condition of the device when it was sent to Apple’s trade-in partner.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2023 5:17 AM in response to iLoveDogsAlot97

Apple does have a trade-in scheme. You can check eligibility - and obtain an estimated trade-in value - here:

Apple Trade In - Apple

The available trade-in value that you see listed in the online trade-in calculator is the maximum estimated value - amd assumes that the iPad is undamaged and fully working. The actual value is only finalised when the qualifying device has been inspected and accepted. 

Be aware that online and in-store trade-in values can differ - however, many find that completing a trade-in using the in-store process removes any doubt as to the value offered; the transaction is finalised without the risk of shipments going astray, or disagreement as to the condition of the device when it was sent to Apple’s trade-in partner.

Can i trade-in my old iPad and get sale for the next new iPad i’m buying?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.