Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

My payment method is being declined why?

My payment method is being declined every card i use is being declined

iPhone X, iOS 16

Posted on May 7, 2023 4:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 7, 2023 11:43 PM

Hi evelyne176,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: My payment method is being declined why?

As we are all Apple users, like yourself, we have no access to your accounts or details to check this out for you. We'd like to help however.

Wondering where your payment method is being declined ... seems you may be trying to pay for Apple Music subscription.

Your Apple ID is the account you use to access Apple services, like the App Store, Apple Music, iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, and more. 

Apple support have an article online that may help:

What to do: If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

If you have disputed a charge from Apple, you may need to contact your card-provider(s) and ask them to allow payments to Apple again.

or

You. might want to log-in to your Apple account online, and check that all your details are up-to date:

Apple ID Log-in 

https://appleid.apple.com

and

Keeping your device(s) updated to the latest iOS version is sometimes needed (eg: bug fixes, security etc):

About iOS 16 Updates - Apple Support says iOS 16.4.1 is the latest.

If you need more support:

You could reach out to the Billing and Subscriptions Support Team.

There is a "Get Support" link (online chat, phon, eMail etc.)

at the bottom of their website (link below), and info on their webpage.

Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 7, 2023 11:43 PM in response to evelyne176

Hi evelyne176,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Re: My payment method is being declined why?

As we are all Apple users, like yourself, we have no access to your accounts or details to check this out for you. We'd like to help however.

Wondering where your payment method is being declined ... seems you may be trying to pay for Apple Music subscription.

Your Apple ID is the account you use to access Apple services, like the App Store, Apple Music, iCloud, iMessage, FaceTime, and more. 

Apple support have an article online that may help:

What to do: If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

If you have disputed a charge from Apple, you may need to contact your card-provider(s) and ask them to allow payments to Apple again.

or

You. might want to log-in to your Apple account online, and check that all your details are up-to date:

Apple ID Log-in 

https://appleid.apple.com

and

Keeping your device(s) updated to the latest iOS version is sometimes needed (eg: bug fixes, security etc):

About iOS 16 Updates - Apple Support says iOS 16.4.1 is the latest.

If you need more support:

You could reach out to the Billing and Subscriptions Support Team.

There is a "Get Support" link (online chat, phon, eMail etc.)

at the bottom of their website (link below), and info on their webpage.

Subscriptions and Billing - Official Apple Support

All the best :-)

My payment method is being declined why?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.