You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The bottom cover of the MacBook Air M2 is bent

Bought new MacBook Air with the M2 chip in November 2022 and recently noticed that the bottom cover of the laptop is bent. Why is that?

I provide a picture of the laptop.

In the marked area in the photo, the size of the gap is 1mm larger than in the middle.

MacBook Air

Posted on May 7, 2023 10:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 3, 2023 8:22 PM

You are correct. I've attempted to purchase multiple 13 and 15 inch models and every single one has a bent back panel. I've purchased every version of the MBA since the original and this is the first iteration with noticeable flaws in manufacturing. It's gotten to the point where I'm avoiding this design all together because of this. You are not alone as others have reported the same. Pretty unreal to think this is where we are with manufacturing.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 3, 2023 8:22 PM in response to John Galt

You are correct. I've attempted to purchase multiple 13 and 15 inch models and every single one has a bent back panel. I've purchased every version of the MBA since the original and this is the first iteration with noticeable flaws in manufacturing. It's gotten to the point where I'm avoiding this design all together because of this. You are not alone as others have reported the same. Pretty unreal to think this is where we are with manufacturing.

Oct 3, 2023 8:23 PM in response to shevchenkostas77

The bottom cover of the MacBook Air M2 is bent

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.