You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The green bolt shows when it’s on the charger when I take it off the charger a red bolt appears and the Apple Watch blanks out

My Apple Watch shows a green lightening symbol on the charger but when I take it off there is a red lightening bolt and the watch blanks out.

Apple Watch Series 6, watchOS 8

Posted on May 7, 2023 1:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 7, 2023 2:03 PM

Hey there,

Sounds like the watch is not charging, the red lightening bolt indicates the battery is low. I suggest ensuring you are using a certified Apple Watch charger and see if you can get it to charge up. If you already are using a certified charging cable and the watch won't accept a charge a call to customer service or a visit to a Genius Bar is likely warranted.

As a little extra help, here's a list of the Apple Watch icons and their meanings.

The Apple Watch status icons - Apple Support (CA)

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

May 7, 2023 2:03 PM in response to Joybud

Hey there,

Sounds like the watch is not charging, the red lightening bolt indicates the battery is low. I suggest ensuring you are using a certified Apple Watch charger and see if you can get it to charge up. If you already are using a certified charging cable and the watch won't accept a charge a call to customer service or a visit to a Genius Bar is likely warranted.

As a little extra help, here's a list of the Apple Watch icons and their meanings.

The Apple Watch status icons - Apple Support (CA)

The green bolt shows when it’s on the charger when I take it off the charger a red bolt appears and the Apple Watch blanks out

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.