📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple Maps introduces new ways to explore the world. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to find hotels near a specific location in Apple maps app?

This is a very easy task in Google maps. Simply find the location you want (say a place where I will be visiting), then a set of lozenges at the top of the map appear for "hotels," "restaurants," "things to do" and etc. Select the appropriate lozenge, and all the hotels (or whatever) will appear on the map around the location I've identified. This is a very handy feature when you're planning a trip somewhere, and you want to see what's available in that particular location, say the address of the place you're staying or visiting. There seems to be no comparable functionality for the Apple Maps app, or at least, I haven't been able to find it. I've looked through all the Apple support pages and I don't see any directions. There's an option for "Find nearby," but that only appears when the search bar is open and it only works for your current location. Once you go to a location in a different city, there is no option for "find nearby." Any suggestions? Or does Maps simply lack this basic functionality?

iPhone 12 mini

Posted on May 7, 2023 1:38 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 10, 2023 3:12 PM

This function currently exists in Apple Maps. Here is how to use it.

First, choose the area you wish to visit. Here, I chose Washington DC, which is not near my current location.

Next, tap on the map displayed above. Then tap the search field.

Finally, pick a category.

5 replies

May 10, 2023 4:07 PM in response to Arandel

The answer I've found involves a couple of steps. After searching and finding a location, the map location comes up, and a tab or slide up from the bottom of the screen shows the address. One needs to tap the circled x on this tab first. Then tap the search bar. Then the "find nearby" interface shows up and one can tap on "hotels" or whatever. The map screen shows the hotels near the location I've searched for. I've noticed, however, that apple maps does not always show all the available hotels.

How to find hotels near a specific location in Apple maps app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.