You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airplay says connected on tv but video isn’t broadcasting on tv

My Roku tv was working fine with Airplay just the other day. Then I tried to airplay today and it won’t work.

TV and iPad are on the same network, no firewall, I’ve restarted both the TV and the IPad twice. The tv screen just says ‘connected to device’ but nothing shows up. The iPad says ‘this video is playing on Roku TV.

So I have no idea what’s the problem.

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on May 7, 2023 6:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2024 6:12 AM

I just gave up fixing it and bought an Apple TV :)))) I tried updating my Roku and the iPad, but nothing fixed it. You could also use an HDMI cable if you have one. Or, you can mirror your screen with apps like Docast, Airbeam, Replica, or Screen Mirroring Smart TV. They're pretty good for showing photos or videos.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 2, 2024 6:12 AM in response to Mattyb82

I just gave up fixing it and bought an Apple TV :)))) I tried updating my Roku and the iPad, but nothing fixed it. You could also use an HDMI cable if you have one. Or, you can mirror your screen with apps like Docast, Airbeam, Replica, or Screen Mirroring Smart TV. They're pretty good for showing photos or videos.

Jul 4, 2023 5:41 PM in response to Mattyb82

I had this issue and believe i've resolved it. On my Roku soundbar, I went Settings > Remotes & devices > Smartphones & tablets ... where I then added by device. Initially, it only seemed to work for the audio, but when turning airplay off and then back on, the video came back. I am not clear why this suddenly happened to me.

I hope this sticks, and helps others.

Apr 2, 2024 12:31 PM in response to carlosdemacos

carlosdemacos Said:

———-

Based on Personal Experience:

Are you mirroring protected content? I notice my Roku sometimes doesn’t allow for that to occur, due to the issue of piracy. If any other issues come about, it’s lip-sync being off. So, and HDMI cable is what I use.

But… Using the ROKU home peice itself, nothing is off, and all works as intended. I’m using the Roku.com Express 4k plus and them logging into iTunes on that. That’s been my only way around using HDMIz

Airplay says connected on tv but video isn’t broadcasting on tv

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.