about choosing mac book

Mac book pro m2 13 inch vs mac book air m2. what is best one to buy student?

MacBook Pro (M2, 2022)

Posted on May 7, 2023 7:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2023 6:20 AM

MacBook Air is lighter than MacBook Pro, making it much easier to carry around. If you're a student who will be carrying your Mac frequently, maybe MacBook Air is the best way to go.

However, MacBook Pro is much more powerful in terms of performance. This makes it much better for power-intensive tasks such as dealing with graphics, video editing and coding larger programs.

Both the newest MacBook Air and MacBook Pro have Apple silicon inside, which provides 'groundbreaking' performance and high efficiency. So, either one you buy, you won't be disappointed!

Still not sure? You can compare the different Mac models here: Mac - Compare Models - Apple.

I hope this helps!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2023 6:20 AM in response to sulak130

MacBook Air is lighter than MacBook Pro, making it much easier to carry around. If you're a student who will be carrying your Mac frequently, maybe MacBook Air is the best way to go.

However, MacBook Pro is much more powerful in terms of performance. This makes it much better for power-intensive tasks such as dealing with graphics, video editing and coding larger programs.

Both the newest MacBook Air and MacBook Pro have Apple silicon inside, which provides 'groundbreaking' performance and high efficiency. So, either one you buy, you won't be disappointed!

Still not sure? You can compare the different Mac models here: Mac - Compare Models - Apple.

I hope this helps!

May 8, 2023 5:23 AM in response to sulak130

The best Mac for anybody is going to be the most power and versatility you can afford. Students generally don't need much unless they re an Engineering student or some other advanced type degree needing specific capabilities.

If all you need is email, Internet, simple office functions and so forth, I'd recommend the entry level. But remember, one day you'll no longer be a student and you may need more power and higher capability. Again, buy the most you can afford.

about choosing mac book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.