How can I manually upload my photos to iCloud?

How can I manually upload my photos to iCloud so I do not have to sync. I can select them for upload to Facebook, friends, dropbox, etc. Why not my iCloud???

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 7, 2023 8:57 PM

7 replies

May 7, 2023 9:18 PM in response to veryfrustraded

veryfrustraded Said:

"So I know I can pull them off my laptop. Can I pull them off of my phone and manually upload them? I just don’t like syncing because I lose photos. I don’t like to keep a lot on my phone."

-------

Yes. Open a Web browser and perform this uploading and downloading using this link: https://www.icloud.com/photos. These will stay on Apple's Server, as long as you have access to their services.

May 30, 2023 6:28 PM in response to TheLittles

There seems to be NO WAY to link to the photos in the photos app on my iMac and upload them to the iCloud. When I log into iCloud and click the little blue upload button it grays out all the apps (except for a very few) and the grayed out includes photos. Trying a different way I highlight the photos I want to upload to iCloud in the photos app window and try to drag to the open iCloud window and it does not work. Nothing happens.

How can I manually upload my photos to iCloud?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.