I have been hacked by a phlishing email

I recently clicked on a phlishing email which I thought was a legitimate email from Apple. The result was they got my password, went into my Apple ID/iCloud, changed my password, added a new trusted number and removed my mobile from account.

I can no longer access my Apple ID account and Apple support cannot reset my password. I don’t know what else I can do as all my personal information, work, home, photos is attached to my Apple ID.

iPhone 14

Posted on May 8, 2023 5:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2023 6:13 AM

Hi!

You should submit a request to recover your Apple ID: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support.

In the meantime, please contact Apple Support regarding this: Contact - Official Apple Support.

If you manage to regain access to your account, please report the email by forwarding it to reportphishing@apple.com

For the future, it's important to recognise fake emails like this. I suggest looking out for important signs that an email is not legitimate:

* The sender’s email or phone doesn’t match the name of the company that it claims to be from.
* The email or phone they used to contact you is different from the one that you gave that company.
* A link in a message looks right, but the URL doesn’t match the company’s website.2
* The message looks significantly different from other messages that you’ve received from the company.
* The message requests personal information, like a credit card number or account password.
* The message is unsolicited and contains an attachment.

(Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support)

Have a great day!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2023 6:13 AM in response to quynh251

Hi!

You should submit a request to recover your Apple ID: How to use account recovery when you can’t reset your Apple ID password - Apple Support.

In the meantime, please contact Apple Support regarding this: Contact - Official Apple Support.

If you manage to regain access to your account, please report the email by forwarding it to reportphishing@apple.com

For the future, it's important to recognise fake emails like this. I suggest looking out for important signs that an email is not legitimate:

* The sender’s email or phone doesn’t match the name of the company that it claims to be from.
* The email or phone they used to contact you is different from the one that you gave that company.
* A link in a message looks right, but the URL doesn’t match the company’s website.2
* The message looks significantly different from other messages that you’ve received from the company.
* The message requests personal information, like a credit card number or account password.
* The message is unsolicited and contains an attachment.

(Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support)

Have a great day!

May 8, 2023 6:13 PM in response to Seallbay

Tried everything with Apple Support, but because they have changed my password and removed my number as a “Trusted” number and added their own number in, there is nothing that I or they (Apple Support) can do for me to retrieve it.

All my personal photos, documents, ID that is in the iCloud is now accessible to the hackers.

I have been hacked by a phlishing email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.