You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I locate or lock my iPad?

How can I locate or lock my iPad. I have no information on it and did not have it in the Find my devices?

I never listed it in find my devices so it isn’t there. What can I do?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPad, iPadOS 16

Posted on May 8, 2023 8:35 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on May 8, 2023 8:39 AM

See the following Apple Support article for information on Apple recommendations for a lost device that didn't have Find My turned on: If Find My iPhone or Find My iPad isn't enabled on your missing device - Apple Support

2 replies

May 8, 2023 9:02 AM in response to Lily1931

Start here:

Locate a device in Find My on iPad - Apple Support

Here is Apple’s advice for lost or stolen devices:

If your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch is lost or stolen – Apple Support

Use the Find My app to locate a lost or stolen device – Apple Support

If the Find My iPad feature was enabled prior to it being “misplaced”, then if active, you would stand a good chance of locating it. 

However, if the feature was not activated prior to being misplaced - or the iPad has been inactive for more than 24 hours, the last known location will not be available - and the opportunity to use technical means to recover the iPad have been lost.

How can I locate or lock my iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.