How can you switch between two different windows of the same app, such as two Chrome or MS Word windows, using a Swedish keyboard?

Hello everyone,

I switched to a MacBook Air with Swedish Keyboard 2-3 years ago from Windows and have been trying to readjust ever since. However, I've been facing a persistent issue that I have not been able to resolve. Specifically, I am unable to switch between two separate windows of the same app, such as two distinct Chrome windows or two distinct MS-Word windows, like it is possible on Windows OS.

I've tried different methods to address this issue, including setting up a new custom shortcut for "Move focus to new window." However, this workaround only moves the focus and doesn't actually switch the window, like in Windows.

I even contacted Apple support, but they were unable to provide a satisfactory solution to this problem. I'm quite frustrated and hoping to find some guidance and support from the Apple community to help me overcome this issue.

Has anyone else faced a similar issue with their MacBook Air M1 with Swedish Keyboard? If so, do you have any suggestions or solutions that might help me out? I would appreciate any help or advice. Thank you in advance!

MacBook Air (M1, 2020)

Posted on May 8, 2023 9:24 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

How can you switch between two different windows of the same app, such as two Chrome or MS Word windows, using a Swedish keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.