Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone4 cannot end a call

Me and My wife just ordered 2 iphone4s and we all had the same issue:
I was using the touchpad to key in options for a tedious 1-800 call and I got bored then turned the speaker on, then I touched the "End call" and the phone failed to disconnect, So I still connected and there is no way I can end the call, but I can still go back to the homepage do whatever. Then finally I have to power it off to discontinue the call. My wife couldnot end a call one time pretty much the same like my situation, she just didnot use the speaker and she just called a regular friend's phone instead of my 1800 one.

iphone4, iOS 4

Posted on Aug 18, 2010 11:11 AM

6 replies

Feb 5, 2018 5:38 PM in response to shawnhu

I've had the same issue and thought it was me and my clumsy fingers. Had to shut the phone completely off to end the call.

Mar 23, 2011 6:02 AM in response to shawnhu

I had the same problem today twice in a row. I pressed end call and it went back to the call instead of disconnecting. Another time I made a call, but the caller cancelled and my phone got stuck in calling. Didn't let me end call it. Is there any fix for it? I have the latest iOS 4.3 and still have this problem. Everytime it happens, I have to wait for the other side to disconnect first.

Mar 23, 2011 6:11 AM in response to shawnhu

For those of you having this issue try this:

Hold the power button and the home button for 10 to 15 seconds until Apple logo appears (ignoring the red slider). This will do a hard reset and may fix the issue.

If Not

Try re-installing the ios4.3. First I would suggest setting up as new to make sure that it works. If it does work, then you may choose to restore it again and restore from back up. If however, the problem comes back when you restore from back up. There are times when if you do a restore from back up, that glitch/bug may follow along and may cause the same issue. If this is the case, then Setting up as a New phone may be the only choice. If however it still doesn't work when you set up as new phone. Make an appointment, go to the genius bar, and have them take a look at it. If they see that it is a problem, they will likely to replace your phone.

Oct 18, 2011 1:42 PM in response to Kwopau

I have got a similar problem after upgrading to iOS5 with my iPhone 4:

I have already restored it 2 times, it means every 2 days it gets stuck.

This evening I have noticed that the problem begins with the phone suddenly looking for network, it can't find network until I restart it and then there is no way neither to make a call nor to send an SMS.

If anyone tries to call me, nothing happens to me but for him it seems free (as if I didn't answer), no notification to me.

I am really upset.

How do you think I could solve it, please?

Oct 21, 2011 2:37 PM in response to ailicec

I've had this problem today, i read lots of posts about this and tried all different things to resolve it. In the end i took the Sim card out, hard rebooted the phone. Let the phone complain there is no Sim and then re-insert the simcard. It then picked the network up.

I then made calls, SMS and received calls and so far it all seems ok. Not sure if this is a fix but its worth a try for the people having this problem,

It worked for me, so far anyway.😕

Iphone4 cannot end a call

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.