Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

M2 Pro: How can i connect two hdmi monitor 1440p 144hz?

Hi, i have a 3440x1440 144Hz monitor and a 2560x1440 144Hz monitor; each of them has one display port and two hdmi port, but display port are connected to a desktop windows pc.

I need to buy a macbook with M2 Pro and I need to connect it to the two monitor; i read the M2 Pro does support two external monitor, one hdmi and one thunderbolt; but I need two hdmi. So can I use a thunderbolt hub with hdmi to connect the second monitor with hdmi?

Thanks

Posted on May 9, 2023 1:20 AM

3 replies

May 9, 2023 5:50 AM in response to johannesynt

Apple silicon 13-in models support ONE external Hardware-accelerated display, which can be up to 6K in size.

14-in and 16-in MacBook Pro with M1 or M2 Pro processor support up to two external displays, M1 or M2 Max Processor support four external displays.

The Mac is extremely fussy about any errors that occur when sending data to the display. if there are any issues, the Mac may blank the display or reduce the resolution.

HDMI is very difficult to get working at high resolutions and high refresh rates, and it can be so complex to get working some Users call it "Black Magic".

in summary: what you are reaching for without re-plugging the cables will be very difficult to achieve. I recommend you take a fresh look at your list and move some of your 'required' items to a 'desired' list instead.

M2 Pro: How can i connect two hdmi monitor 1440p 144hz?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.